Note: A cave-in is blocking off some of the rooms in the very west of the Sanctuary at this point in time.
The Dragonborn can later return after successfully completing the Hail Sithis!. Once there, speaking to Nazir will initiate the quest Where You Hang Your Enemy's Head… which allows the Dragonborn to treat the sanctuary as a residence, complete with upgrades which can be purchased from Delvin Mallory.
- New Banners — 1000
- Poisoner's Nook (with Alchemy lab) — 5000
- Torture Chamber (with victims in shackles) — 5000
- Secret Entrance — 5000
- Master Bedroom (with mannequin) — 3000
- Cicero, depending on whether you let him live or not.
- Night Mother in sarcophagus.
- Dark Brotherhood Initiates male and female, after Hail Sithis!.
- The Cure for Madness, first visit
- Hail Sithis!
- Where You Hang Your Enemy's Head…, upgrade Sanctuary via Delvin Mallory.
Items of Note
During The Cure for Madness:
- Jester's Boots, Jester's Gloves, Jester's Clothes and Jester's Hat.
- Worn Shrouded Boots, Worn Shrouded Gloves, Worn Shrouded Armor and Worn Shrouded Cowl.
- Copies of Dunmer of Skyrim, Nords of Skyrim, Fire and Darkness, The Marksmanship Lesson, Lost Legends and books ×7.
- Cooking pot, potions ×2 and Scroll of Fireball ×3, Glass Sword, Elven Sword, Glass Bow.
- Chests ~1060, ~2100, 1480; coffin ~100 value (L68).
After Hail Sithis!, west wing opens up:
After Where You Hang Your Enemy's Head…, with all upgrades purchased: