The School of Destruction focuses on the mastery of fire, frost and shock, and is used to cast spells like Fireball, Ice Spike, and Lightning Bolt. It is one of the eighteen skills that are going to be available in Skyrim. The Destruction skill can be raised by the use of spells by the in-game character, these spells will identify themselves as Destruction spells. They focus on causing damage with fire, frost, and lightning.
Spells can be purchased from the court mages in most castles. These spells can also be augmented with potions to Fortify Destruction.
Spells[edit | edit source]
Novice[edit | edit source]
- Flames - Fire damage per second in a short range stream, extra damage to targets already on fire
- Frostbite - Ice damage per second in a short range stream, also damages stamina
- Sparks - Lightning damage per second in a short range stream, also damages magicka
- Arniel's Convection - Burns the target 1 point per second
- Vampiric Drain - Absorb 6 – 17 points of health per second from the target 
Apprentice[edit | edit source]
- Firebolt - Fire missile that damages one target on hit, extra damage to targets already on fire
- Freeze - A spike of ice that does 20 points of frost damage to Health and Stamina and slows the target for 15 seconds 
- Ice Spike - Ice missile that damages one target on hit, also damages stamina
- Ignite - A blast of flame that sets targets of fire, doing 4 damage per second for 15 seconds 
- Lightning Bolt - Lightning damage on target within range, also damages magicka
Adept[edit | edit source]
- Fireball - Fire missile that explodes on hit, dealing fire damage in a small radius near the impact
- Flame Cloak - Flame surrounds caster and melee range enemies take small flame damage over time
- Ice Storm - Ice damage in an area of effect that moves forward slowly, also damages stamina
- Frost Cloak - Frost surrounds caster and melee range enemies take small frost and stamina damage over time
- Chain Lightning - Lightning damage that hits a target and bounces to any nearby target
- Lightning Cloak - Lightning surrounds caster and melee range enemies take shock and half magicka damage
- Whirlwind Cloak - For 60 seconds, opponents in melee range have a chance of being flung away 
Expert[edit | edit source]
- Incinerate - Fire missile that damages one target for moderately high damage. Extra damage if target is on fire. Long range.
- Wall of Flames - Gout of flames that burns on the floor for a while, doing moderate damage over time.
- Icy Spear - Large ice missile that causes moderately high frost and stamina damage. Long range.
- Wall of Frost - Spray ice on the floor and it stays for a while, causing moderate frost and stamina damage over time.
- Thunderbolt - Large bolt of lightning that does moderately high damage. Does not chain. Moderately long range.
- Wall of Storms - Lightning that sticks to the ground and does moderate shock damage. In game description does not say if it does magicka damage.
Master[edit | edit source]
- Fire Storm - A large-radius explosion centered on caster. Deals high fire damage. Damage is greater to closer targets.
- Lightning Storm - After charging you fire a constant beam of lightning (must be aimed). Deals high lightning damage. If target is killed, it disintegrates them (also disintegrates dragon but you can still get their soul). Note: Will disintegrate the target even if you don't have the disintegrate perk.
- Blizzard - Conjures a large, swirling cloud of ice that damages everything. (warning: in some cases it will even hurt the caster.)
Perks[edit | edit source]
|Novice Destruction||None||Cast Novice level Destruction spells for half magicka.|
|Destruction Dual Casting||Destruction 20, Novice Destruction||Dual casting a Destruction spell overcharges the effects into an even more powerful version.|
|Apprentice Destruction||Destruction 25, Novice Destruction||Cast Apprentice level Destruction spells for half magicka.|
|Augmented Flames||Destruction 30, Novice Destruction||Fire spells do 25% more damage.|
|Destruction 60||Fire spells do 50% more damage. Increases blast radius of Fireball.|
|Augmented Frost||Destruction 30, Novice Destruction||Frost spells do 25% more damage.|
|Destruction 60||Frost spells do 50% more damage. Increases radius of Ice Storm.|
|Augmented Shock||Destruction 30, Novice Destruction||Shock spells do 25% more damage.|
|Destruction 60||Shock spells do 50% more damage. Chain Lightning jumps one additional target.|
|Impact||Destruction 40, Destruction Dual Casting||Dual Casting will stagger foes (does not work with novice level spells)|
|Rune Master||Destruction 40, Apprentice Destruction||Place runes 5 times as far.|
|Adept Destruction||Destruction 50, Apprentice Destruction||Cast Adept level Destruction spells for half magicka.|
|Intense Flames||Destruction 50, Augmented Flames||Fire damage causes targets to flee if their health is under 10%.|
|Deep Freeze||Destruction 60, Augmented Frost||Frost damage chance to paralyze targets if health low.|
|Disintegrate||Destruction 70, Augmented Shock||Shock damage chance to disintegrates targets if health low.|
|Expert Destruction||Destruction 75, Adept Destruction||Cast Expert level Destruction spells for half magicka.|
|Master Destruction||Destruction 100, Expert Destruction||Cast Master level Destruction spells for half magicka.|
Trainers[edit | edit source]
- The Art of War Magic
- Horror of Castle Xyr
- A Hypothetical Treachery
- Mystery of Talara, v3
- Response to Bero's Speech
Apparel[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Cannot be purchased, acquired upon becoming a vampire
- Only with Dragonborn DLC
- The variation of the Glass Armor of Eminent Destruction is misspelled, i.e. missing the space between "Armor" and "of".