Short corridor leading up to the next higher level of rotating gears.
A slightly tricky puzzle awaits, trying to set the pressure of the boiler to its optimum level.
Fahlbtharz Grand Hall
An elevator exits to the top of the Solstheim mountains.
In the main part of Fahlbtharz two rows of five switches, require some trial and error testing:
- Top row does (left to right): Open/close entry gate; calls a Dwarven spider; activates a floor blade; calls another spider; and another spider.
- Bottom row: flame on left of board; open/close tiny room door behind Dragonborn; floor blade directly behind; opens the gate to continue; and use?.
The boiler pressure is indicated by a ring of lights arranged in a circle, a total of 20 such lights exist, indicating the optimum pressure that needs to be set to unlock the next gate.
There are a total of six resonators (three on the left and another three on the right) that need to be shot at with a bow to activate. From left to right they activate 3, 4, 6, 9, 13, and 18 blue lights on the board. Ulyn's Journal will help slightly.
The goal is to turn on exactly 20 lights, and the only combination to do so is to shoot the resonators for 3, 4, and 13. So the left two on the left, and the middle one on the right.
The three actuators switches require two additional Centurion Dynamo Cores, so take out those centurions and loot them. Then put the cores into the empty switches to unlock the gate.
Items of Note
- Just to the east-north-eath of the Fahlbtharz Grand Hall elevator, up the hill: Shrine of Zenithar, East Empire Company Strongbox with East Empire Pendant, Corundum Ore Vein, Sapphire Geode ×2, Corundum Ore ×2 and Silver Ore Vein ×2.
- Outside: A copy of Nchunak's Fire and Faith and Riekling Hut ~950, chest ~1460 value (L71).
- A copy of Where were you when the Dragon Broke and one other book.
- Stone beds (×4) and Riekling Huts ~530, ~190; Dwemer chests ~300, ~2160, ~1660, ~560, ~3050 value (L71).
- Dwarven War Axe and Chest ~1870 value (L71).
- Jump down from upper gears, at gear centre below: Nordic Shield of Magic Suppression.
- At gate to Boilery: Eydis (dead; wears Skaal Boots, Skaal Coat, Skaal Gloves) and Eydis's Journal mentioning Ulyn and the Visage of Mzund.
- Dwarven Bow, Dwarven Arrows ×5, Imperial Bow of Ice and Dwemer chests ~2230, ~2130 value (L71).
- Ulyn is found dead with Ulyn's Journal.
- Main gear room again: Glass Arrows and Reverent Hunting Bow next to skeleton.
- Just before entering the door to the Grand Hall, jump onto the rock column on the left: Chest ~2170 value (L71).
- Even though at first it does seem that a follower will have trouble keeping up with the Dragonborn, several ramps can be lowered via valves to let the follower join again.