From the top floor, there is a ladder leading to the top of a tower. Outside, there is a chest containing the Fort Neugrad Treasure Map.
Fort Neugrad Prison
This is where the Stormcloak prisoners are being held (only during the war). It can be access directly through the fort, or through a secret passage which begins underwater in the nearby lake.
Fort Neugrad Commander's Quarters
Items of Note
- Diving into the lake, just east of the small dock, lets the Dragonborn discover a sunken wooden boat: Chest ~1700 value (L38).
- North-east of castle and lake: Gold Ore Vein ×2.
- East of castle, beyond lake, up mountain, lets you find the treasure mentioned in the Fort Neugrad Treasure Map: Chest ~580 value (L38).
- In yard on the forge table Dwarven Battleaxe, and Iron Ore ×2; Chest ~300 value (L38).
- In the main building: more than 37 books, many ruined books, Trials of St. Alessia, Spell Tome: Rout, Chest ~2250 value (L38).
- In the Bandit Chief's room: Fort Neugrad Library Key ×2, Bandit's Journal, An Explorer's Guide to Skyrim (updates map), and Chest ~630 value (L38).
- On the upper central floor a ladder leads to the roof: Fort Neugrad Treasure Map in Chest ~130 value (L38).
- In the prison: Orcish Gauntlets, Ebony War Axe (left of fireplace), Elven Mace (on lower floor), Glass Shield, Chest ~420 value (L38).
- In the pool of water at the bottom of the prison, dive east for Chest ~850 value (L38).