Initially the well-hidden gate on the western side of the tower is covered by sand, only after taking on Old Friends can the extensive complex be entered.
The maze of passages under the tower is the refuge of Ildari Sarothril and is infested with Ash Spawn (×13) summoned by her to protect the place. And along the way her journals — Ildari's Journal, vol. I (speculates about sparing Niyya), Ildari's Journal, vol. II and Ildari's Journal, vol. III (admits to killing Neloth's steward, and withering his home) — give insight into her thinking and why she wants revenge put upon Neloth.
NPCS[edit | edit source]
Only during Old Friends:
Quests[edit | edit source]
Items of Note[edit | edit source]
- To the south-west of the fort: Heart Stone Deposit.
- Through a window in the tower ruin at the top hill: Chest ~2600 value (L72).
During Old Friends inside:
- Potions ×8, poisons ×2, Flower Basket, Steel Plate Helmet, Wedding Wreath (under scaffolding) and Skaal Armor Set.
- Silver Emerald Necklace, Gold Jeweled Necklace, Flawless Sapphire, Ruby, Soul Gem Fragment ×4, Black Soul Gem, Garnet, Diamond, Emerald and Greater Soul Gem.
- Steel Ingot ×2, Silver Ore, Iron Ingot ×2, Iron Ore ×2, Orichalcum Ore Vein ×2, Gold Ore Vein, Ruby Geode ×2, Amethyst Geode, Sapphire Geode ×4 and Emerald Geode.
- Strong box ~1500, ~1710, ~320; knapsack ~650; chest ~2540 value (L71).
- Copies of Souls, Black and White, The Old Ways and books ×4.