Kagrenzel is a Dwarven Ruin located north of Riften and south-east of Mzulft, at the extreme eastern edge of Skyrim. Just inside is a pedestal surrounded by bodies and a glowing Strange Orb suspended above. Touching the orb causes you to become imprisoned in the area with the pedestal and bodies for a short period, until the floor below you opens up and you plummet a great distance to an underground lake.
Note: It is possible to hit the walls of the chasm and be killed on the way down.
If you survive the fall (which mostly you do), there are some items of value to be looted from underwater chests and a couple of floating corpses.
Items of Note
- To the far south-west, just west of the Hunter camp: Corundum Ore Vein.
- To the nearer south-west: Iron Ore Vein.
- To the north-east: Gold Ore Vein.
At bottom of pit:
- Dive directly down for a Dwemer Chest ~1700 value (L45).
- After exiting the large chamber: Falmer Chest ~960 value (L45).
- Down narrow passage, there is a small waterfall to the left, jump up there: Centurion Dynamo Core.
- Same area, on the top right side of the stone gate, jump-grab: Flawless Diamond. It is also possible to shout (Unrelenting Force) or shoot the diamond with an arrow off the backside of the stone arch and into the stream.
- A follower will not jump down into the pit with the Dragonborn.
- At one side of the water pit it is possible to swim outside of the map.