- Gratian Caerellius, Crescius' great grandfather, skeleton in mine
- Millius, Gratian's expedition assistant, skeleton in mine
Miners that start work after The Final Descent:
The first part of the mine is infested by a skeever and Frostbite Spiders (×4), past the locked metal gate the Dragonborn is lead a Nord barrow. Here many levelled draugrs (×15) make progress more challenging.
Later in the barrow a leads to the Dragon priest Zahkriisos who carries a powerful mask. Also in the same chamber note the word wall for the shout Dragon Aspect. On leaving that chamber the Black Book: The Winds of Change book on a pedestal leads to a surprise visit in Apocrypha.
The Dragonborn is transported to a very strange place, leaving behind any follower. Many valuable things like scrolls and soul gems can be found here and also dangerous beasts like Seekers (×2) and a Lurker. The Font of Magicka (×5) will replenish the Dragonborn's magicka, and the Font of Stamina (×2) will do the same for stamina. Various rooms are can be unlocked by activating switches called Scrye (×5).
This Nordic ruin is accessible from the mine. Here the local bandits called Reaver (×8) await unwary adventurers.
Items of Note
- East Empire Company Strongbox ×2 with East Empire Pendant (one under table of the foreman at top of mine; one near the locked metal gate down in mine).
- A copy of Lives of the Saints, Spell Tome: Ice Spike (after switch gate), Scroll of Fireball and books ×3.
- Iron Ore ×2 and Stalhrim Deposit ×2: one in Nord barrow main path; one behind waterfall in dead end chamber of Bloodskal Barrow.
- Netch Jelly ×2, Spawn Ash, Ebony Sword, Garnet, Amethyst and Steel Horned Helmet.
- Potions ×11, Potion of Waterwalking ×2, alchemy lab and arcane enchanters ×2.
- Chests ~340, ~2970, ~1570, ~1660, ~2300; urns ~1260, ~760, ~400, ~910, ~780, ~960, ~1890, ~710, ~350; burial urns ~1500, ~2000, ~1350 value (L70).
- After The Final Descent the mine contains Ebony Ore Vein ×8.