A recipe from Uncommon Taste by The Gourmet.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 2½ Ounces Cow's Cheese
- 1 Ounce Butter
- 1 Ounce Flour
- 9 Ounces Milk
- A Dash of Salt
- A Dash of Pepper
- A Cupful of Ground Nutmeg
Recipe[edit | edit source]
- Stoke the flames of your oven, and achieve a moderate heat.
- Grate the cheese into thin shavings by running a finely honed elven dagger over the block.
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks, and beat the whites vigorously until they thicken.
- Begin preparation of the signature Sunshine Sauce - melt the butter, and add in the flour while stirring continuously until well blended. Move the mixture to a smaller flame and begin gently stirring in the milk. It is crucial that you do not stop stirring! Continue to do so for ten minutes, until the mixture thickens. Then, and only then, will the Sunshine Sauce be considered ready.
- Add the salt, pepper and nutmeg, and remove from the flame.
- Add in the grated cheese, and then the egg yolks. Stir well until fully blended. Then, gently add in the egg whites with a spoon made of carved hickory wood.
- Gently pour the mix into four stonework souffle' dishes, filling each nearly (but not quite!) to the top.
- Put the dishes in your moderately hot oven and shut that door! Keep sealed for 25 minutes, or your scrumptious suns will rise, only to fall down flat into the oven's abyss.
- Remove after 25 minutes, and serve immediately.
Behold, the brilliance of the sun, and the exquisite flavor of the Sunshine Soufflé!