This compound of well-built, highly secure buildings exists in the extreme north-west region of Skyrim, north-west of Solitude. Here, the Thalmor entertain wealthy and influential guests as well as control intelligence operations throughout Skyrim. They also have a dungeon complete with torture apparatus, where they collect information from prisoners.
During Diplomatic Immunity:
- Elenwen, host, Thalmor ambassador to Skyrim
- Ondolemar, Thalmor Justiciar
- Razelan, guest, high-ranking official in East Empire Company
- Orthus Endario, guest, with East Empire Company, Windhelm
- Maven Black-Briar, guest, Riften
- Erikur, guest, Solitude
- Jarl Idgrod Ravencrone, guest, Morthal
- Illdi, bard
- Malborn, servant
- Brelas, servant
- Tsavani, cook
- Etienne Rarnis, prisoner
Where the party takes place.
Thalmor Embassy, Elenwen's Solar
Thalmor Embassy, Dungeon
The Reeking Cave is accessed from inside the Thalmor embassy via a trap door in the dungeon. The cave leads to the road west-north-west of the embassy. If there was no Stone of Barenziah in Elenwen's Solar, it will be in this cave. The cave can be entered via a gap in the rock just east of the Ironback Hideout, though that will dead end in the cave. The Unusual Gem can be found next to the body of a conjurer who was probably killed by the Frost Troll living here.
Items of Note
- On the path from the south, take the easterly fork, and continue up the mountain, until you reach a dead end ruined gate up some stone steps, on a small platform on the right: Daedric Greatsword (L53).
- Just north-west of the Reeking Cave, down the icy path: Iron Ore Vein.
- The Reeking Cave contains a copy of Before the Ages of Man.
- Potion, book, chests ~100, ~250; knapsack ~420 value (L68).
- Potions ×16, poison ×2, books ×17, bed and copy of Dwemer History and Culture.
- Thalmor Robes, Thalmor Boots and Thalmor Gloves.
- Potions ×16, poison ×5, bed ×2, Gold and Ruby Circlet, Gold and Emerald Circlet and safe ~1900 value (L68).
- Copies of The Adabal-a, Lost Legends, The Argonian Account, and books ×59.