Totems of Hircine (quest)
|This article is about the quest Totems of Hircine. For other uses, see Totems of Hircine.|
Totems of Hircine
|Prerequisite||Glory of the Dead|
|Quest Giver||Aela the Huntress|
|Rewards|| scaled to level|
e.g. 300 at L68
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Recover the Totem of Hircine[edit | edit source]
Aela will accompany you for this quest. Head to the place indicated on your map and enter the dungeon.
The Totem will always be located at the end of the dungeon in a chest or out in the open. Once you have the Totem, return to the Underforge and place the totem on its respective receptacle there.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Each time you complete this quest, you will be given access to a new werewolf power, just pray at the Totem of the Hunt, Totem of Fear or Totem of Brotherhood at the Underforge.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Should the Dragonborn have a follower then this quest will not be triggered, dismiss the follower first, then take on one of Aela's animal quests (or whatever job she offers), complete it to then ask her for another job. With luck this quest should begin. Note that the game does not have a new dialogue option for the quest, so it is somewhat of a hidden quest.
- After having returned the first Totem at the Underforge, Aela will pray at it, do not try to get the next part of the quest from her just yet. Wait two hours instead, she will stop praying and exit the Underforge. Exit as well and only then ask her for the next Totem hunt. Otherwise you will be wasting time playing her pointless Radiant quests.
- If you want to do the totems quests, do not have Aela as a follower. She will not give you these quests, so simply dismiss her from being a follower and you should have the option to do the quests.
- If you have the Dawnguard DLC and currently are in the middle of the story, you cannot do these quests due to Serana counting as a follower.